Updating Electoral Roll Information

Maintaining your presence on the electoral roll is a particularly important aspect of your credit report, as lenders use this information to confirm your address. It's important to bear in mind that registering with your local council for Council Tax does not mean that you are registered on the Electoral Roll.

If you move house, you should contact the Electoral Registration Office within your Local Authority straight away, and ask to be placed on the Electoral Roll so that you are eligible to vote. They will then notify all credit reference agencies (Equifax, CallCredit and Experian) and your credit record will be amended within 28 days of receipt. This means that it may take up to 6 weeks from when you inform your Local Authority for your new information to appear on your credit report.

If you find that the electoral roll details on your credit report are incorrect, contact your local authority immediately.